Sunday, April 24, 2005

A day in the life

So let me try to illustrate briefly what it's like here:
Get up at 0445 and stealthily get dressed, put on gear, and straighten up bed an because you're not supposed to be up before 0500, but if you're not dressed and outside standing at attention by 0501 the TI (drill instructor) gets cranky. Get quizzed on Talon knowledge (little book we carry strapped to our arm that any time were still for more than 5 seconds we have to have 6 inch from our faces and be memorizing stuff) by upperclass and FC (Captain in charge of my Flight (which is 11 guys that do everything together)); 0510 march to PT and workout (much harder than I was expecting, which is good); 0630 march back and change into BDU uniform without showering (only allowed 2 the first 8 days); 0645 stuff face in chow hall while sitting at attention; 0710 on drill pad for 3 hours of marching (I actually like it alot); 0911 fall asleep while standing up, barely catch myself; 1000 class on why sexual harassment is bad; 1017 fall asleep; 1018 wake up before I get caught because buddy punched me (process repeats until 1100); 1100 class on AF Honor Code; 1210 Lunch; 1230 class on how to write a memo; 1330 class on AF History in WWII (eyes are incredibly heavy and constantly losing focus as I drift in and out of conscious thought while trying to not show it to instructor); 1430 uniform inspection by FC who somehow doesn't realize there are wrinkles because we've been marching around all day not because we didn't iron them; 1530 class on military strategy (still barely awake); 1630 class on the 6 step problem solving process; 1740 Dinner; 1800 back in dorms and begin doing homework and trying in vain to get room in inspection order; 2300 Lights go out and I go to sleep in my sweats lying on top of my bed so I'll be ready in the morning. Process repeats about 90 times.

That's my life. BTW I can't access my previous emails so I'll only be using: hassell@gimail.af.mil -Have a good one!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, could you have dated anyone during OTS? :)

--Cat

6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe. Now imagine doing this for four years. :)

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home