Monday, October 27, 2008

Center of the Universe

I showed up in Las Vegas saturday night for a three week TDY at Nellis. At first, it was easy to be focus on the Vegas stuff, you know all the pretty colors and stuff. But once you've been there, done that, they become just another garish assualt on the senses in the middle of a beautiful desert. Here at Nellis though I am in the center of the Fighter Pilot universe.
Here is the home of Fighter Weapons School, the Aggressors, Dreamland, Red Flag, etc. It is a gathering of the no-kidding best of the best. Not just from my community either, but all the different fighters, the bombers, the controllers, CSAR, everybody. I have a feeling I'm going to be very busy on this TDY as I pick the brains of all the people I can trying to get a better feel for what they do, how they do, and how we fit together to become the world's most effective air force.
There is also a Red Flag going on, so there are tons of different people and airframes in town which has been very cool. It's amazing how small this world is. It not like I've been around all that long, but I went to a Strike Eagle naming Saturday and knew five dudes, hung out with Kadena Eagle drivers I knew. Ran into some F-16 guys I knew; all in 24 hours. I look forward to seeing what else is in store out here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home