Saturday, February 02, 2008

Need More Flying!

So we are flying again and that is a good good thing. Not getting to fly much though it is a frustrating thing to go do something and make mistakes based simply on a lack of proficiency. Even worse though is debriefing and seeing those mistakes and then realizing you don’t get a chance to go fix them until seven or more days later. This week I lost my one sortie because we had bad weather when I was supposed to fly (not a happy Jonathan). What am I talking about when I talk about this proficiency? Well one example when we’re doing BFM (see other posts if you don’t know what that means) like we are now is being in a defensive position and having a guy pulling for lead to take a gun shot yet needing to wait to the last moment to jink so that I can cause as much of a closure and angle problem. Being able to judge that exact range and whether he has the energy to get there in a split second while looking over my shoulder and pulling 6 or 7 G’s is not exactly like riding a bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home