Saturday, February 17, 2007

Always a surprise

I'm in Denver now, which is a very cool city. Imagine all the perks of a big city, set against the backdrop of some of the most majestic mountains in the world.
I decided to try and capture the hostel experience here in the US to see how it compared to abroad. I was not disappointed. It seems that in a hostel you pay about $10 for your bed and all the extra surprises are free.
This time, I woke up at 1:48 to the sound of somebody groaning and crying out loudly in pain. Once it was clear that he wasn't going to be quiet, I got out from under all my blankets (the heat didn't work) and padded across the floor (stepping over the holes) and found this guy writhing on his bunk. Turned out he had some kind of broken rib that kept spasming and tried to o.d. on Ibuprofen. I asked him if he wanted to go the hospital and went to wake up the manager. Soon there were 4 firemen and a couple of paramedics crowding into the room and they hauled him off. You never know what's going to happen, but it will always be interesting.
Today is off to explore the rockies

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home