Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So Close...

I'm close to the end now. Done with all my checkrides and concentrating on more mission relevant stuff like formation Low Levels and four ship formation. Its pretty awesome. I was up yesterday on my first four ship formation flight and I look over and there are three jets next to me flying 3 feet away from each other. I was loving it, but then I'd have to go back to concentrating as we'd start bobbling or getting out of position. The rejoins were really crazy. Imagine three jets all converging onto the lead jet from all over the sky at 400 knots! But we didn't hit anybody and it was even somewhat organized.

My girlfriend called me this morning all excited because she saw a formation fly right over her when she was driving and then rip into a hard turn just above the trees. She didn't realize that's what I've been doing. When I tell people we fly over 350 MPH at 500 ft. they don't quite grasp what that means until they see it. On Friday I find out what my next assignment will be and what jet I'll be flying. As you can imagine I'm looking forward to that a lot. Then on the 29th I'll get my wings and that is something I'll be very proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home