Monday, March 12, 2007

Klamath Falls


So, here's the last part of the story of getting to my new town (the picture I took today from a lake nearby). Somewhere in North California about 400 miles from the final destination of Klamath Falls my Jeep becomes indecisive on whether it really wants to make it there. The clutch began to start slipping out of gear. But I figured I would try to make it and if it broke - I had to fix it anyway.

It broke.

After driving over 3000 miles the Jeep decided it would die only 45 miles away, so there I was... on this little mountain road with three feet of snow on the sides of the road unable to move. Then up comes this lady in a Jeep who offered to pull me to the top of the mountain. Turns out she was absolutely nuts. She had made her millions 10 years ago and has been playing ever since. She was really into aviation and had even bought her own fighter jet from the Czech Republic, so of course she loved me. I ended up hanging out with her in her "cabin" (one of her five homes) till the tow truck came. The last 45 miles took two hours over fresh snow and ice, and finally I made to the new home, Klamath Falls. There's more to the story but I'm trying to keep these short.

If you want to see a photo album of the trip then check out my Facebook page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home