Thursday, October 18, 2007

Eagle Driver


Well the last month has been eventful, I apologize for not writing about it. I finished up the flying here with some huge rides. The last two were 4 v. 4's; that means eight jets up there fighting away. Needless to say it was a jumble of adreneline, confusion, fun, and being overwhelmed. Can't say I always knew what was going on (especially when AWACs started sending us bad info) but it was freakin' cool. The last flight was a scenerio where our four-ship had to defend a target against the commie hordes. For twenty minutes we fought everything another four-ship could throw at us (they had unlimited regenerations) until we were out of missiles and out of gas. It was a blast!

Our graduation was fun. We put on an Oktoberfest party for the whole squadron and some of my friends here. The best part though is knowing that now I am actually an Eagle Driver, ready to go and help defend this country and the things we believe in. It's been an intense two years of training to get to this point and it feels good.

Paul came out too and we had a great time exploring Oregon. Though we didn't climb any mountains or anything too crazy cause I had knee surgery last week. It's already feeling better though and I'm walking around easily.

I start on another journey across the country on Sunday. This time I'm taking the northern route to Virginia across Montana, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. I'm going to stop in Yellowstone, the badlands, and Chicago as the highlights (at least that's the plan). I'll be in Knoxville the first week in November and I'd love to see those of you who live there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whee-ha and hip hip hooray!

"And I'm proud to be an American..God bless the USA!"

And we're so proud of you, Jonathan. What you've done and accomplished just takes my breath away. Hope you have a fascinating trip across the northern part of the country and we sure look forward to seeing you.

love, Cary

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN TO ALL THE WELL CHOSEN WORDS OF WHOEVER MS. CARY ANONYMOUS MAY BE.


DAD ANONYMOUS

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN TO DAD ANONYMOUS' AMEN TO WHAT CARY SAID!!!!

UNCLE IN BHAM ANONYMOUS

10:43 PM  
Blogger Paul Hassell said...

...And Amen to all the friends and family of my favorite fighter pilot on earth. Amor en Cristo brother!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home