Sunday, August 05, 2007

Water Survival Practice

The whole squadron went up last week to a nearby lake to practice some of our water survival training. It was quite a party we had going on. We had some jet skis to drag us through the water simulating getting dragged by our parachutes (and of course we used them later for some jet ski BFM). We even had a helicopter that I vectored in and popped smoke so they would come and pick us up out of the water. But then it broke down and couldn't get us (where's Kevin Costner when you need him?). It turned out that there was a reporter there and the next day I ended up headlining the front page (don't ask me why).
Most of the squadron ended up camping out that night on the lake and we had a great time hanging out together. I ended up sleeping out under the stars on a little beach, which was absolutely beautiful. I started thinking about how truly AWEsome the universe is. It seems to me that each star is a beacon shining across inconceivable distances to remind us of God's astronomical grace. To try and comprehend their full scope and power makes it amazing to this guy that the one who created them cares so intimately for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure sounds like you're not bored up there in Oregon!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home