Friday, August 17, 2007

Low Altitude Raging

Yesterday I went out for a LowAt mission.  It was some of the most fun I've ever had (and I've done some cool stuff).  It was basically a flight that was required to be cleared down to 500 ft AGL (above ground level) solo so I flew it in a two seater with an instructor in the back.  The only requirement was that I fly at 500 ft safely so that left a lot of leeway.  We have a bunch of airspace out in the desert with mountains and stuff.  So I basically just treated it as my playground; going as fast and as low as I wanted, wherever I wanted.  Shooting up over ridges, high-G turns around mountains, following river valleys, I figured as long as the guy in the back seat didn't say anything I was good to go (I think he was having fun too).  Then I found a little canyon and went zipping through it. 

It's pretty rare that you get to take one of the highest performance fighter jets in the world out for a joy ride.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why it is that while reading this latest entry, the song from The Jetsons zoomed into my mind!?!?
Thanks for the newsy postings!
Cary

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home