Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Eagle Roar

I just flew the Eagle for the first time this week and it was awesome!
On my second flight yesterday I did a full afterburner quick climb which basically means that I took off using all 36,000 lbs of thrust leveled off about 50 feet over the ground and by the end of the runway I had almost 400 mph. Then I basically stood the jet on it's tail and rocketed straight up. It was really cool as I looked back at the ground falling away behind me. I think it really struck me what I was doing when I was flying around the landing pattern and some more Eagles were coming in and I thought, just as I have my whole life, wow that's so cool. Then I realized I was zooming around in the same thing!
This really is one heck of a jet. When you do a break turn (a high G, hard turn) you hear this huge rush of air called the Eagle roar as you come through corner velocity, very cool. It performs so well that I am so glad to be flying it for a good while and getting to learn how to make it do exactly what I want it to.
On Thursday I should be soloing which will be my fourth flight in the jet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

T.G., Thank you for sharing your experiences (life) with your fans. It's very exciting to think about. Thank you for working SO HARD to be the best soldier you can be protecting our country.
we all love you, Cary

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad Says:
I love the image of you staring at the F-15's with envy before you realize you're are actually flying an F-15. Thanks

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home