Friday, October 29, 2010

Overwatch

A few days ago I was on a mission providing coverage for a group of Special Forces raiding a village. It happened to be near (enough) to where Georganne is stationed. So after the SOF guys had successfully exfiled, and we saved a helocopter full of them- but that's another story, I flew the plane over to her FOB (Foward Operating Base). I've heard a lot about it from her and things she's done in the surrounding area, but it looked a little different than I had envisioned. I had our camera operator take some pictures for her and everything.
Most importantly though, I was able to watch over her for a little while (till we ran out of gas). I don't exactly know whether it was legal or not, but I didn't care. It made me feel like I was actually doing the job of a good husband taking care of his wife. It has been hard knowing that she's out there somewhere surrounded by people who don't like her, clearly they've never met her though. Thankfully she'll be leaving very soon, but for the period of time I was up there I got to know that she was safe sleeping in her bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Georganne said...

Thanks for keeping me safe babe. Love you.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home