Saturday, October 09, 2010

Time is Passing

I have been so busy lately that when I recently had a few hours with nothing that I had to do I found it very difficult to relax. I couldn't convince myself that there was really nothing to do. Over the past month I have flown 25 combat sorties, completed a Master's course, taken over one of the most involved administrative sections of the squadron here and spearheaded construction of a new moral area. I have certainly not been bored, and that has been a huge blessing as the time has flown by. Hopefully it will continue to do so. However, I feel like I have given myself some gray hairs, or maybe that's just cause I turned 30...

It was kind of a fun birthday here. I woke up and flew a combat sortie then enjoyed a creative present that my wife gave me; a new hammock that I hung underneath my lofted bed and while extremely ghetto, it's really pretty comfortable and fun. I think all the other guys are jealous!
It's the little things...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Georganne said...

At least it was ghetto fabulous, right? All right, you probably don't want to use the word fabulous.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home