Monday, February 14, 2005

The path leads ever on...

It has been an amazing last year and a half here in Knoxville. I have had the blessing of being with my family, the honor and challenge of leading such a strong youth group at Second Pres., and the growth that has resulted from being surrounded by people seeking to be in God’s presence. Things have not always been the way I planned, but they have always had the distinctive touch of the God of the Universe.
The path now continues on to the United States Air Force. I will enter Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB on 5 April and graduate on 24 June, after which I will enter Pilot Training.
First though, I will be spend a month circling the Pacific. I will begin literally halfway around the world in Thailand on 21 Feb and travel through Southeast Asia, then on to Australia where I will scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef. From there over to New Zealand to hike the Kepler Track through the Southern Alps, then finish in Hawaii for 10 days of surfing, hiking volcanoes, and basking in God’s beauty. At least that’s what I plan…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

J of H
yippee! the adventure awaits!
mmck

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thailand, eh? You are quite the roaming gnome, if I do say so myself, and I do. Don't fall in a volcanoe while your in Hawaii, that might not be to pleasant. have fun. Mary Cate.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your going to have the time of your life spending your time in all these places you've never been! I will be praying for you as you travel and will keep checking to see where you are. I love you!
Becca

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home